Grants for Single Mothers in Minneapolis and Saint Paul

Single mothers have various needs to meet. And lots of single mothers are low-income earners so they need financial assistance. They are faced with challenges of childcare, mortgage payment, and utility bills. Be that as it may, single mothers can look for available opportunities around them. Residents of Minneapolis and Saint Paul in Hennepin County, Minnesota, can get grants offered by several charities run by both government and non-profit agencies. Here are some financial assistance resources available to single mothers that may help in many ways:

Minneapolis Employment & Training Assistance Program

The Minneapolis Employment and Training Program (METP) creates and runs several kinds of training and employment programs. These services were meant to help Minneapolis adults, youth, and also employers in the Minneapolis area. You can know more about this program by calling (651) 642-0363

The Minneapolis Dislocated Worker Program provides training and employment services to residents that may have lost their jobs due to business closings, reorganizations, or permanent layoffs. This program will help assist such individuals, and also with the transition to a new career or a new job.

Adult Programs will help families and individuals with low incomes. The program will provide help with finding employment or pursue training that will lead to a job or career.

Additionally, the Minnesota Family Investment Program will render both job training and case management services to eligible individuals that got family cash assistance and grants. People can also get clothes and transportation assistance in Hennepin County.

The Individual Referral Program helps students with aid and tuition funds and grants. It will also assist low-income families and individuals who are seeking employment-related training. Eligible residents may also get help with student loans.

Access Crisis Assistance Programs for paying bills

Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Minneapolis and St Paul

They Organize lots of programs. One of these programs include emergency financial assistance for heating bills, paying rent, and energy. They can also offer counseling, case management and referrals can also be given to direct people to several other local charities and non-profit agencies. Which can also include federal government and Minnesota state programs. They offer additional services like School-Based Counseling Services, Hispanic Outreach, Family Service Center, Hope Street Shelter, homeless prevention, Food Shelves, and many more. You can call this number to get more information 612-664-8500.

The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army offers some crisis and emergency assistance programs to residents. The non-profit agency operates at two locations in Hennepin County. They organize several programs for low-income individuals, single mothers, and senior citizens. Part of the assistance programs offered is food pantries, heating, transportation/gas vouchers, and utility bill assistance.

They also offer Some seasonal aid. Which includes free thanksgiving and Christmas meals. Unique gifts, school supplies, and thrift stores, amongst many others. The Minneapolis centers assist thousands of residents yearly

Additional, Salvation Army Minneapolis and Hennepin County resource place priority on fixed-income elderly, disabled people, and households with an emergency crisis. Some Workshops render money management and budgeting classes from Fresh Start. Eligible families, single moms, and individuals can receive free winter coats, vouchers for clothing, and furniture from thrift stores. A food pantry is available on-site at designated locations. They also provide baby items, which include formula and diapers for eligible expectant women and single mothers. There are also Seasonal services, which include holiday programs for Thanksgiving and Easter. You can call them for more information at 651-746-3400.

City Life Center

The City life center can be found at 1909 Nicollet Avenue South in Minneapolis 55408. The non-profit agency may be able to render some assistance to pregnant women that are experiencing short term hardship. They help with baby supplies, like clothes and diapers. They can provide help with referrals to other resources. You can contact the agency at 612-874-1808, to know

Human Services and Public Health Department of Hennepin County

This agency can be of great assistance to low-income families, single mothers, and individuals. They offer many programs like the Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA), Diversionary Work Program (DWP), General Assistance (GA), Health Care Programs, and Emergency Programs Food Support. Low-income Housing Section 8, Application and recertification interviews for Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP). They can also help individuals with community-specific guidance and referrals to charities and non-profits agencies. They are located at 6840 78th Ave N, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, 55445. You can contact them at (612) 596 - 1300.

Apart from those services listed above, there several other government assistance programs offered for low-income individuals and families.

St. Stephen's Human Services, Inc.

This agency can offer help to single or married individuals without minor children with rent. Individuals that have a child who is younger than 17 can also benefit. They provide a computer lab with complete connections and computers to job banks. They also offer assistance with paying tuition, transportation, materials childcare or other expenses. They are located at 2309 Nicollet Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55404. You can request more information by calling (612)767-4446.